Monday, January 24, 2011

I want my life back

Today I feel exhausted.

I feel sore all over and headachy. Three workouts in 2 days will do that to an out-of-shape-girl like me.

Overall, I just feel weighed down by my stress: stress over a February cycle, stress about the upcoming conversation with Dr. Lovely about my uterus, stress about my weird vagina. Stress about money. Just stress. Too much.

Today I took a wellness inventory for a program at work. One question asked “How do you feel about the next six months?” I picked this one: “I’m very stressed about the next six months. It’s going to be very difficult and I’m not sure how I will cope.” It was the most apt description. I can’t think of any other time in my life that those sentences would apply to me.

When did I become this person? I want my life back.

4 comments:

Alex said...

I hear you. I want my life back too. It's unfair that this is the road we have to take. In other news, 3 workouts in 2 days? Rock on!!!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best for these next six months, and the best possible resolutions to all your stressors. It's awful, waking up and realising this, in all its pain and stress, IS your life now.

Roccie said...

Long term. Think long term. It didnt work for me but maybe you are a strong mofo who can pull it off?

Be strong as you can. You are not alone.

Anonymous said...

I would have answered the same thing... this is all so exhausting. Although the fact that you have a label called "weird vagina" made me giggle.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've added you to my reader too!

-Elphaba (definitely from Wicked)