Thursday, January 6, 2011

Excuse me while I go all multiple personality on you

We triggered today! CD17 and I have a follicle on each ovary: one 20 mm and one 22 mm. Thank you thank you thank you ovaries!

IUI is scheduled for 4 pm tomorrow. I’ll be honest: I am extremely worried. A goes in at 12:45 to “collect” at Dr. Lovely’s office. Here are the facts running through my head:
  • On November 24, A had an SA at Dr. Lovely’s office. He collected at home and drove the sample in (about 30 minutes). All of his sperm were dead, or 0% motility.
  • On December 1, A had another SA done at Dr. Lovely’s office. He collected at home and we wrapped the sample in a fleece hat that had been spinning in the dryer to keep it warm for the drive in. All of his sperm were dead.
  • On December 10 A had his third SA done (poor guy) at the hospital. He collected there. Everything was fine.
No one can account for the difference in results. The only two variables that changed for the good SA were 1) it was done at the hospital and not at Dr. Lovely’s and 2) he collected at the office instead of at home. This will be collected at Dr. Lovely’s office.

I am trying to tell myself that there’s nothing I can do to control this. Even if something does go wrong and he has dead sperm or something in the sample looks bad, we can convert this to an intercourse cycle extremely easily. So there’s a back up plan.

I am just scared that while they do all their warming and centrifuging and washing, etc, his little guys aren’t going to make it. I don’t want to deal with that news. It won’t be the end of the world but it will be very disappointing.

Actually, writing this post made me feel a lot better. The consequences aren’t actually that bad if something goes wrong, when I stop to think about it. I love this blog!

So, overall…yay trigger day!


8 comments:

Denver Laura said...

My DH brought in his own um... helpful material to the office. He found the supply at the office to be a bit dated.

Drevas said...

OOOOOH! So excited for you! Those follies sound perfect! I'm jealous!

I will be thinking about you and A tomorrow and hoping that all goes as planned! :)

mare said...

Yay for triggering and praying and crossing fingers for lots of live sperm! Good luck.

Still A Guest Room said...

Good luck!!!

Brandi Hudack said...

Best of luck :) I'll send you tons of baby vibes!!

Alex said...

Oh I'm so very excited for you! I hope this is the cycle for you!!!

Lindsay said...

Hooray for Trigger day. I hope the back up plans are not needed and all goes great!
Good luck

Marissa said...

I hope his "sample" is ample and alive! Good luck!!