Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sigh.


A had his SA today. His numbers looked great except for one tiny problem…all of his sperm were dead.

The nurse said it could be because the weather is so cold here today. Freezing rain, wind, and such. He “collected” the sample at home and drove it into town, so it might have had the opportunity to get too cold. We are re-testing next Wednesday.

I have some hope that this test was a fluke, but this is still pretty devastating to me. I wanted to hear that everything looked great. Suddenly the SA isn’t as funny as we thought it was over the weekend.

There is still a lot to be thankful for, don’t get me wrong. But my heart is heavy today.

3 comments:

Drevas said...

:( Hang in there! Is he retesting at the office next week? Hopefully it is just the weather and that his results will be great next time! :)

Still A Guest Room said...

Oh honey, my heart is so sad for you. I really, really hope that this was just a mistake...I'm sure they wouldn't have mentioned that unless they think it's a real possibility.

foxy said...

Oh sweetie, This is the hardest news to get. I am so so sorry that you are having to deal with this. My husband was diagnosed with Azoospermia in July 2009. Our world shattered down around us. You can read more about our story on my blog. I also have a lot of other blogs listed that deal with male factor infertility. Feel free to email me direct if you want to exchange phone numbers and talk too. The shock of this news eventually wears off, and a new reality emerges, but it was the hardest months I have ever experienced. I promise that it gets better.

The best advice I can offer is to get yourself to the BEST reproductive Urologist you can find. Dr Turek on the west coast, Dr Schegle (Cornell) on the west coast, and I think there is a guy in Texas too. Other docs will waste your time, and money. Travel if you have to.

I really am so sorry that you have to be dealing with this. hang in there.

love - foxy