Monday, October 25, 2010

counting my lucky stars


I met one of the ultrasound techs at Dr. Lovely’s office today for a baseline sonogram for clomid #2 (100 mg). No cysts, yay! So we’re ready to start this cycle. She was very nice and she let me insert the dildocam on my own…is this normal? She had me reach under the gown and insert it “like you would a tampon”. It’s the first time I’ve ever done that (I’ve had probably 4 vaginal ultrasounds before today, with two different doctors). It made for a much more comfortable experience.

I go back next Tuesday for a day 12 sonogram to see what’s happening. Cross your fingers that my follicles grow, grow, grow!

The u/t seemed appalled by the way my first cycle was handled. She couldn’t believe they sent me home on CD11 and told me I didn’t respond, especially since it seems I responded late. So I have hopes that if things look grim next week, I’ll get to come back a few days later and check in again, instead of just giving up on the whole cycle.

This practice even has “follicle appointments” set aside at 9:30 and 9:50 every morning for all their patients undergoing infertility treatments. It’s an entirely different outlook than my former doctor, where I was made to feel like an irritating barren woman.

I feel so blessed to have found an OBGYN who pays such close attention to infertility and offers such close monitoring. I know from experience they are hard to find, and I don’t exactly live in a major city. This location is about 7 minutes away from my work. 

I feel like the luckiest infertile in the world!

1 comment:

Still A Guest Room said...

So glad your new doctor is going well!