Friday, April 1, 2011

IUI #2 is complete

Everything went great. My favorite nurse did the IUI (the one who did it last time) and we had a nice little chat during the procedure. I love how they are so familiar with me now. Yesterday the ultrasound tech said "you know the drill" when she saw me. Literally.

I will be sad if this doesn't work and I have to get used to another entire set of staff. But at least when I finally do get pregnant I'll get to come back to these people.

Anywho...apparently the two samples of A's sperm were both fabulous, one at 57 million and one at 115 million (!) and excellent morphology and motility. The nurse did a hilarious little impression of how sperm look under a microscope ("Some of them just swim around in a frenzy, not sure which direction to go!").

She also told me they've had 3 infertility patients get pregnant in the last two months, and the latest they just found out about today.

On our way home there was a rainbow in the sky. You know I don't really believe in God, or at least not a Christian God, but I'll be damned if it didn't make me wonder.

I am determined not to get my hopes up. My goal is still to just ignore that this is even happening. But that's going to be hard to do while shoving progesterone up my hoo-ha twice a day for the next two weeks!

Let the two week wait begin...

10 comments:

ART said...

Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Baby Mamma said...

Good luck! Keep the faith though - and it's ok to get your hopes up. Let's be honest, we wouldn't do this if we didn't think it would work, right?

Kerrik said...

Fingers crossed!

Still A Guest Room said...

Glad everything went well...best of luck with this one!

Marissa said...

I'm really hoping this brings you a baby!

Alex said...

Wonderful news! Sending you good thoughts!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck hun! I'll be crossing my fingers for you.

Drevas said...

Good luck Lulu! :)

mare said...

Yess!!!!!!!! Sending prayers and good vibes. xoxo.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'll be thinking about you!

And I totally believe in signs. :-)