Sunday, September 12, 2010

Double the fun

Lately I have realized that in all the daydreaming I do (and trust me, there’s a lot of it) about finding out I’m pregnant, telling our friends and family, announcing it on facebook, picking out baby things, having a shower, etc…it’s always twins. Without exception, my mind is preparing for twins.
Maybe this is some sort of (future) mother’s intuition. Just like I had a gut feeling that we had problems getting pregnant, maybe I have a gut feeling that we’ll get doubly pregnant our first time.
Maybe I’m just preparing my mind for the expense, tough pregnancy, and extra sleepless nights that come with twins, so that if it does end up happening I won’t panic and will feel prepared.
Maybe I’m a crazy person who wants twins. Maybe after spending so long wanting a baby and not having one, I would be thrilled to make up for lost time by having two at once. Twice as much work, sure, but twice as much love.
Maybe I’ll actually be sincerely disappointed if we don’t get pregnant with twins! How crazy would that be?
I don’t know if things will change in the next few weeks before I can take a pregnancy test, but right now I can clearly imagine being pregnant with two babies, but I just can’t see myself pregnant with one.

No comments: