Tuesday, March 22, 2011

IUI #2

All systems are "go" for IUI #2. Dildocam found no cysts (except those same paraovarians that have been there forever). My lining is deplorably thin but what can you do? I start 100 mg of clomid tomorrow.

I really don't care about this IUI. All eyes are on the appointment with the RE in May because I can't bear to get excited about this cycle. I have only told one friend about it (as opposed to last time where everyone knew what was going on) and I don't think I'm even going to tell my parents. My tactic is basically to pretend it isn't happening.

Maybe that's bad, cynical, but whatever. I don't have any reason to believe it will work and it's really just a way to kill time until I get to see the RE. I don't want to be hopeful. I'd rather focus on my diet and weight loss goals and going to the gym.

Of course since I'm "relaxing" about it all, I'll probably get pregnant this time. Hahahahahaha oh man it hurts I'm laughing so hard.

Not much else to share - thank you all for your solidarity in agreeing that the "bun in the oven" facebook photo is basically the worst travesty since the invention of reality television.

You girls are the best.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Who says you have to get excited every cycle? Who can handle that? (I can't.) Relaxing is good. The jittery, pre-test nervous energy I'm having this cycle is exhausting.

I say focus on other things when you can, because most of the time, most of us can't. :)

Kayleikins said...

That would be your luck, huh? Either way, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. <3

mare said...

I didn't get excited about my last IUI either. It was our second to last before the RE would recommend IVF.

Good luck anyway. xoxo.

Seeing an RE was a godsend for me- it felt like we were getting somewhere for the first time.

Kerrik said...

I will be hopeful for you this cycle, and I'll do the stressing for your to if you like. :)

Marissa said...

Well,I'll get excited for you!!

And your lining should be thin...you just shed it. ;)

Alex said...

I think our feelings vary wildly with each cycle - this is completely normal! I'll be thinking good thoughts for this cycle for you, ok?