Monday, March 21, 2011

CD3

Yes, for those of you who don't follow me on twitter, it's worth mentioning that I started my period on Saturday.

Besides the obvious meaning here (ahem, that I'm not pregnant), the more exciting meaning is that I continue to kick PCOS ass. I've now miraculously managed to have TWO ovulatory, non-medicated cycles (by non-medicated I mean I take only 2000 mgs of Metformin).

The first cycle was 20 days and the second was 31. So I don't think we can quite consider these "regular cycles" yet. But for someone who spent her first YEAR off BCP menstruating only when provera and clomid marched in and demanded it...this is pretty damn exciting.

It also means that IUI #2 kicks off tomorrow with a date with the dildocam. As long as I don't have a cyst or some other unforeseen obstacle, this is going to be perfect timing. I have 63 days until my consultation with the RE, which is just enough time to get this cycle under my belt, process it, and move on.

Of course the fact that it's perfect timing means I'm practically BEGGING the universe to put something in my way. I'll have to report back tomorrow on that one.

--

I picked up Phoebe Potts's graphic novel Good Eggs at the library. I've never read a graphic novel before but this one has come well-recommended. I'm super excited to read my first infertility-based book and think I'll save it till my 2ww.

The best part is that my library didn't have the book, but they ordered it when I requested it. So once I'm done with it, other local infertiles will benefit. Sweet.

--

Last night, my friend J announced her pregnancy on facebook...by posting a photo of her oven with a bun cooking in it.
--

Other than that, not much news. A has been super sweet lately. Last night he called my name from the other room and said "Thanks for being in my life." He also dealt with calling Dr. Lovely for me today to set up my dildocam appointment. He's the best : )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for kicking PCOS' ass! I have a friend that was diagnosed with it a few years ago and I've been there for her through her battle, and she's just starting to kick it's ass, too!

And I can't believe your friend did that. Seriously?! I wish you could think of a less passive way to respond. But that's just vindictive me. :-)

Drevas said...

Best of luck with this IUI! Hopefully this will do the trick and you will be able to just cancel the upcoming appt. with the RE.

PS - I've been wanting to read "Good Eggs" for a while now... Let us know how it is!

Lindsay said...

Wow you have a lot of great going on! Way to kick PCOS - I hope you keep moving in the right direction.

Marissa said...

Down with PCOS! And bring on the IUI!! Let us know how your appointment goes.

People can be such idiots when it comes to Facebook. I could go on for hours. Suffice to say, most of my "friends" are hidden.

Alex said...

What wonderful news - you're telling PCOS where to go - nice job! I have so much hope for this IUI for you. Good luck!!!

I hate your friend's pregnancy announcement...

Still A Guest Room said...

Good luck on your IUI!!!! And that's a terrible pregnancy announcement.

Anonymous said...

Yay! So glad to hear things are going your way a little!

And I would unfriend that "friend" immediately! I can't believe people do these things. Are they insane??