Thursday, December 22, 2011

update - 16w2d

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I'm up 2 pounds since 12 weeks, which puts me at 8 pounds gained, total. I think 4 are in my belly, and 2 pounds are in each butt cheek ; )

Maternity Clothes: I still wear a lot of my own clothes to work, but the jeans are a lost cause and have been for a while.

Stretch marks: none (yet!)

Sleep:  I sleep very well. I'm in bed at 8 and usually asleep by 9. On the weekends I'll sleep 10 hours and take a two-hour nap! I wake up on my back a lot, which my pregnancy book says is a big no-no, but my OB says don't worry about it. 

Movement: Last week I thought I was preparing for a growth spurt because I felt a lot of tugging and activity in my uterus. This week I have realized it's movement. It's a gentle feeling, although I did get one swift sensation that must have been a kick or somersault or something.

Cravings/Aversions: I don't have either, really.

Sex (of baby): No clue. I thought I might be able to tell at my ultrasound today, but even if the equipment were good enough (which it's not), baby was all curled up with his/her legs tucked underneath.

Symptoms: Still emotional, although that hasn't been as bad lately. I need a lot of sleep and I'm hungry pretty much all of the time. I think I'm developing linea negra, I have a line from my belly button to my pubic bone. I don't have a lot of symptoms, overall.

What I miss: nothing!

What I look forward to: finding out the sex. ooooohhhhh I want to know so badly! my appt is 1/20.

Moods: I've been pretty happy, although irritable. 

Milestones: I had the quad screening done today, so it'll be good to get those results back. Next up is the anatomy scan.

Medical concerns: none, really. They measured my cervical length today and said it looked fine. 

Sex?: No thank you, I'll pass.

Misc:  A friend loaned me a doppler. We used it last night and found the heartbeat immediately when A touched my abdomen. It's pretty neat : )

2 comments:

Jem said...

oooo, first movement is so cool! I have that line down my middle, too. Love it!!

Frankie Bee said...

That's great you can already feel movement! I love doing the doppler. I can't wait to find out what you are having! Sounds like everything is going really well!