Sunday, January 24, 2010

The weekend of cornbread

This has been a great weekend. I have been trying to enjoy every moment of it.
I don’t think I ever posted on here about what the gyno nurse (lets call her Nurse Useless) told me when I finally got a hold of her. She did not seem distressed in the least that I’m a week and a half late and not pregnant – she said it takes some women up to three months to get back on a regular cycle after going off the pill. She said to call back if I haven’t had a period by April. (APRIL?)
In the meantime, I might be ovulating or I might not be, no one can tell, and if I am I’ll have no idea when. So really I could get pregnant any time, and since I won’t have a period to be missing, I’ll have no way of knowing. And of course that went over really well with my anal, planning side. Oh well, there’s nothing to be done about it.
I finished Love in the Time of Cholera today and dear Lord I thought that book would never end. It was so incredibly dense, but I had to finish it. In the end I felt like I was running a marathon (not that I would know what that actually feels like), because I just had to keep plodding through to get it over with. I had come this far and by God, I wasn’t going to give up now. It wasn’t a terrible book and I guess I can kind of see why he won the Nobel prize for literature, but I will not be reading any more Marquez any time soon.

No comments: