Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hiatus

I haven’t felt much like writing lately but I have felt like doing a lot of READING, and that’s what I have done. Lots and lots of reading. I haven’t set a goal for number of books this year, but I’d like it to be a big number.
No news on the baby front. Apparently my cycle is WAY off, because I’m a week late and not for the good reason. And, like I told A tonight, trying to talk to the nurse at the gyno’s office is like trying to reach Jesus Christ himself on the telephone. I called them over and over again and the darn lady is never available. And “I’ll have her call you back later today” doesn’t exactly work when you’re surrounded by snoopy lady co-workers and have meetings all day so you can’t leave to take the call even if you wanted to!
Anyway, we’ll see how that all works out. Work has been very busy which I really approve of, because it’s a lot more enjoyable when there are things to do. Although on the co-worker front it has been one of those weeks where I have had to try really hard not to be irritable, and when I give up, at least there’s the iPod (and it’s only Tuesday!).
I have been feeling very down on myself about my weight lately. I feel bigger than I have felt in over a year, although the post-Weight Watchers clothes I bought still fit, whatever that means. But I still feel gigantic and gross and it has been bothering me a lot, but yet I have this bad, unhealthy thing where I still snack WAY too much in the evening. It’s like the worse I feel about myself the worse I eat – I don’t know how that makes sense. And I need to go get measured for a bridesmaid dress, which I don’t exactly want to do in my current state, but let’s face it, I’m not going to lose any significant weight before June. Especially since I’ll be hopefully eating for two by then! : )
That’s all for now.

No comments: