I am 33 weeks pregnant! WHAT? Yes indeed.
- Obviously, every moment of 33 weeks pregnant is miraculous in its own way. I can’t believe I’m here.
- I still love feeling baby move.
- I have no stretch marks! Fingers crossed that it stays this way.
- I really like the way my belly looks. It’s pretty. Miraculously, I still have a waistline – I’m a kind of demented hourglass shape, but an hourglass nonetheless.
- I finally got my glider put together and up in the nursery. I spent a few minutes rocking on it. It was a moment I never really thought I’d have. I’m sure I’ll get tired of sitting in that thing but for now it’s a symbol of motherhood that has always seemed so far away.
- My belly button is still an innie…but a not-very-far-innie! I give it a couple more weeks.
- I prepped and stuffed all of my cloth diapers over the weekend. They’re ready for him once he reaches 7 lbs/once I’m ready to start using them.
- My yeast infection is all cleared up!
- Tonight is childbirth class 3 of 4 and we finally get to tour the birthing center, which just opened this spring and is brand spankin’ new.
- Four more weeks till full term!
- I am exhausted. All the time. Like right now, and in an hour I will still be exhausted. I can’t sleep and the anemia probably doesn’t help.
- I’m very achy, especially in my calves. Every night before bed my husband rolls them out with a rolling pin – hard. It feels great but by 2 am they ache again.
- To quote my husband: “You get out of breath brushing your teeth”.
- Work is boring. I have handed off the majority of my work (people need time to do it while I’m still here and ask me questions), but I still plan to work until my water breaks. It’s hard to get through the days when I’m so.fracking.tired and have nothing to do but stare at my computer monitor.
- Boobs. They are gross. I really hope breastfeeding is smooth sailing because putting up with these beasts for no reason is going to be a bitter pill to swallow.
- Swelling. I traded in my wedding/engagement ring a few weeks ago for a Diamonique ring of my grandma’s, and that helped a lot. My feet and toes are a little puffy but mainly my hands are throbby and sweaty at the end of the day.
- I decided the “pregnant woman glow” is really just from being hot all the time. By lunch my face is flushed like I just ran a mile (which I assure you, I did not and could not). It’s not a delicate, pretty flush – more of an “out of shape” flush.
- 35+ pounds gained and 7ish more weeks to go. I don’t know how you ladies do this with twins! I am astonished. I’m worrying more and more about taking the weight off after baby comes.